1) Login and click on e-MAR on the green bar.
2) Select the units you are dispensing medications for and click Go. Alternatively, click All Units.
3) Click Scheduled under the desired round to show all residents with medications scheduled for that round. Remember, you can still administer overdue medications from previous rounds by clicking Overdue.
4) Click on the picture of the resident whose medications you are dispensing. These do not need to be completed in order. If a resident does not appear on this list, either they do not have medications scheduled for this round, or their medications have already been marked as administered/not administered.
5) Next to the medication that you have given, click in the box under the administered column, it will turn green.
6) Enter the time of administration and amount given. If any medication is wasted, the amount can be entered in the bottom Wst field. You must then type a reason for wastage in the third box down. Finally, click Save.
7) If your medication has been saved successfully the box will look like this:
8) You can continue down the list of medications, marking them as administered or not administered. Once you have finished administering all medications for this resident, simply click on the picture of the next resident at the bottom of the page.